Thursday, June 30, 2011

Cake Balls vs Cake "Flops"

Good Morning!!


I have an order pickup today, so I decided to dip the cake balls first thing this morning (7am!) so they would be super fresh and extra yummy!!


Of course, we are having the strangest weather, it's chilly for summer, which means, open up the house, let all the lovely air in!!


But it doesn't bode well for happy cake balls. I had a few more "flops" that usual (for summertime anyway)


So, I had a grand idea! Cake Flops!! I did a candy bar for a birthday party recently, and instead of regular Jelly Belly Jelly Beans, I found Belly Flops, and just thought they were adorable. (it looked cuter on the hand-made sign)



So now, I present to you, Cake Flops!


You can see the difference between the two pictures. The ones displayed prettily on the plate are smooth, round,


and decorated to the max. Shimmer & glitter.

The "flops", well, they are still smooth, the chocolate, but they cracked right down the center!


I still applied shimmer to them, as it helps ME to identify which is which without putting my hands all over them, but I omitted the glitter on top.


I got to thinking then. When I do huge Cake Ball orders, I tend to have a dozen or so of these cracked ones. My family loves it, they get to eat them. Or, if I have a cake tasting scheduled within the week, I use them for that. (it's quite easy to slice the flops in half to serve on a tasting plate!)


But why not offer them for sale? Facebook and Twitter are such instant communication places...I can offer them, and first come first serve. They aren't PRETTY, per se, but if you are crazing a cake ball, they WILL fulfill it!


So, cake flops. Coming soon to Facebook & Twitter. Half price of current special cake ball pricing. PICKUP only on these, unless I am already delivering a full-price order. Buy one, two, or whatever I have available!


Off to post these ones on Facebook now...although I'm sorely tempted to KEEP them...they really are soo yummy when they are fresh. Mmmmmm.


Happy Cake Balling!


Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment